Despite long walk, Twitter, Instagram contests to engage spectators
Rerouting plans in four Metro Cebu cities on Sunday — August 4, 2013 — are already ready as over 2,150 athletes from 35 countries take center stage during the 2013 Ironman 70.3 Philippines.
This means a long walk just to watch and cheer the country’s premiere triathlon event that features a 1.9-km swim in the open sea, a 90-km bike and 21-km run. However, winning a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for twitting and posting pictures should be a good reason for spectators and participants to get themselves a good workout.
Doubling the excitement, Globe Telecom has announced cell phone prizes for twitting or posting your pictures using the #globepowersironmanph hashtag from August 2-4, 2013. Participants with the most number of Twitter posts and the most numbers of photos shared via Instagram by the end of the three-day contest period using the official hashtag will each take home a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. They will be notified by Globe once tally is made.
“We want to show the world that in the Philippines, Ironman is not just about sports. It’s a lifestyle event where everybody can have fun. And what better way to do it but provide all participants a wonderful digital experience using Globe high-speed broadband internet connection so they can log in at social networking sites anytime they want,” said Yoly C. Crisanto, Head of Globe Corporate Communications.
Globe, which is a strong supporter of Ironman 70.3 Philippines since it was introduced locally in 2009, is relying on the power of social media to bring the message to the world that Ironman is entertaining and enjoyable.
Meanwhile, rerouting plans in the long route across the Metro are already in place in the cities of Lapu-Lapu, Mandaue, Cebu, and Talisay.
Lapu-Lapu City traffic authorities advised residents and visitors that roads in five barangays — Punta Engaño, Mactan, Buaya, Ibo, and Pusok — shall be closed to traffic starting 4:30 am. The route starts at Kabesang Tasio Road in Punta Engaño to ML Quezon National Highway up to the Marcelo Fernan bridge junction.
In Mandaue, parts of UN Ave., Plaridel St. and Ouano Ave. will be closed for the 90-kilometer bike course that will stretch all the way to Talisay City. Road closures will begin at 6:30 a.m. The roads will be reopened at 2 p.m.
All vehicles from Mandaue going to the airport are advised to take S.B. Cabahug St. to Super Metro and then take a right turn to the Marcelo Fernan Bridge. All vehicles going to the north from Cebu City will take Lopez Jaena St. to M.C. Briones St. and J.P Rizal St. The athletes will enter the public market area through the access road.
In Cebu City, the Serging Osmeña Blvd. starting at the Mahiga Bridge (boundary of Mandaue and Cebu City) up to Legaspi Extn., the underpass, and the South Coastal Road stretch up to Talisay City shall be closed to vehicular traffic at 5:00 am up to 12 noon.
Talisay City traffic authorities will also close the stretch of the South Coastal Road from the South Road Properties (SRP) up to the Talisay City Hall.
This is the fifth year that Globe will provide high-speed broadband internet service in support of Ironman 70.3 Philippines as the official technology partner of the 2013 Ironman 70.3 Philippines, at Shangri-La Mactan Island Resort in Cebu City.
The five biggest foreign delegations are expected to come from Singapore, Japan, Australia, US, and Hong Kong. Being a World Triathlon Corporation sanctioned event, winners of Ironman 70.3 Philippines are entitled to slots in the World Championships on September 8, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
1. Lapu-Lapu City
2. Cebu City
- All vehicles coming from the North passing along Logarta St. shall turn right to Cabahug St. or go straight to SM area, then to their point of destination.
- Passenger jeep coming from North Bus Terminal passing along Logarta St. shall turn right to Cabahug St., to Andres Soriano Ave., to their point of destination/origin.
- Passenger jeep going to North Reclamation Area with Route Nos.08F, 12G, 12I and 12J shall follow M.J. Cuenco Ave., right turn to T. Padilla St., left turn to Benedicto St. left turn to Gen. Maxilom Ave. right turn to Andres Soriano Ave., then to North Bus Terminal, except for PUJ Route Nos. 12G together with 09J and 12E while traversing along Andres Soriano Ave., right turn Juan Luna Ave., right turn to J.C. Veyra St., to Benedicto St., right turn to T. Padilla St., left turn to M.J. Cuenco Ave., to their usual route, then to their point of origin.
- Passenger jeep from Ayala with Route Nos., 04L and 06H going to SM while passing along Juan Luna Ave. shall turn right to J.C. Veyra St., make a U-turn, left turn to Juan Luna Ave., then back to their usual route in going to their point of origin. While PUJ Route No. 03Q shall turn left to Andres Soriano Ave., to Cabahug St., right turn to Urot St., right turn to Kaoshiung St., left turn to Andres Soriano Ave., right turn to Juan Luna Ave., then back to Ayala.
- Passenger jeep with Route Nos. 22D, 21D, 21A and 22A shall follow to M.J. Cuenco Ave., left turn to Juan Luna Ave., right turn to A. Soriano Ave., left turn to Gen. Maxilom Ave., right turn to D. Gaisano St., right turn to T. Padilla St., left turn to M.J. Cuenco Ave., right turn to V. Gullas St., left turn to P. Burgos St., left turn to Urdaneta St., left turn to Lapulapu St., right turn to Jereza St., left turn to M.J. Cuenco Ave., right turn to T. Padilla St., left turn to Benedicto St., to J. de Veyra St., left turn to Juan Luna Ave., to their usual route, then to their point of origin.
- Passenger jeep with Route Nos. 01B, 01C bound for Pier area while traversing along T. Padilla St., shall turn left to Benedicto St., left turn to 13th Ave. (going to Blessed Sacrament), right turn D. Gaisano St., right turn to Gen. Maxilom Ave., right turn to Benedicto St., right turn to T. Padilla St., then to their usual route, then back to their point of origin. PUJ Route No. 02B while passing along Arellano Ave. shall proceed to Pier 3, make a U-turn then back to Arellano Ave., right turn to Legaspi Extn., right turn to M.J. Cuenco Ave., left turn to Bonifacio St., to their usual route, then to their destination.
- All vehicles with transactions or bound for Port Area shall only have to access Legaspi Extn., then to Arellano Blvd. or to enter gate at Pier 1.
- Trucks, Vans, Trailers and other motor vehicles coming from the South going to SM or to North Area shall follow N. Bacalso Ave., to P. del Rosario St., to Imus New Road, then to the North Reclamation Area.
- Trucks, Vans, Trailers and other motor vehicles coming from the North Reclamation Area going to the South are advised to pass along North Road, to M.J. Cuenco Ave., proceed to N. Bacalso Ave., then to their point of destination.
- All motor vehicles coming from Tabunok, Talisay, Minglanilla, Naga, San Fernando and Carcar who wishes to go to the North Reclamation Area are advised to pass N. Bacalso Ave., to Imus New Road, then to their destination.
- Motorist, Drivers and other road users are advised to follow the traffic signs installed on the re-routing areas.
3. Talisay City
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Having fun as Ironman spectator in Cebu | prworksph.com