Supertyphoon Yolanda, internationally known as Haiyan and the biggest storm to ever hit the world in recorded history, carved a wide path of devastation across central Philippines last November 8, 2013. Immediately, the world came to help us.
As a way of saying a big THANK YOU, we are sharing here two videos posted online by Yahoo Southeast Asia Newsroom Videos.
1) A song by singer-songwriter Jim Paredes titled “Thank you world”
2) A video showing ordinary Filipinos saying Thank You.
PRworks Inc., a public relations agency based in Cebu City in central Philippines, had been active in facilitating the relief and rehabilitation efforts of local non-government organizations like Balay Mindanaw and their foreign partners, corporate clients like Globe Telecom, 2GO Group, and AirAsia Zest, and local networks of well-meaning citizens like Bangon SugBohol.
We extend our gratitude for the groups and individuals that we directly coordinated with. Here are some links to posts about their stories and memorable pictures:
1. Students in Cebu help in the repacking of relief goods.
2. The Russian Federation.
3. Volunteers from Oriental Port and Arrastre Services Corp. (Opascor).
4. Volunteer doctors from Germany.
5. 2GO Group
6. Balay Mindanao
7. AirAsia Zest
8. Globe Telecom officials and Gabriel Macht (@gabrielmacht) who plays Harvey Specter in the popular series ‘Suits.’
Thanks to many more who helped but are not mentioned in this post. But wait, this is prompting us to make a better effort at saying thanks to all. We will soon announce updates.